Saturday, August 6, 2011

Phillies fan who likes Lincecum

The Phillies are in San Fransisco for a 4 game series.  The Giants beat the Phillies last year in the NLCS and went on to win the 2010 World Series.  Philadelphia fans don't forget that.  I admit it that I like some members of the Giants a lot.  I am a big Tim Lincecum fan. I collect his baseball cards and follow his career.  It started in 2009 when Greg and I went to a game at Citizen's Bank Park to watch the Phillies win against the Giants.  It was a fantastic night for me.  It was my first time at CBP and I got to see Pedro Martinez pitch for the Phillies and Tim Lincecum pitch for the Giants.  Lincecum has long hair.  I like long hair, not going to lie here.  Fast forward to 2010 and the Phillies were facing the Giants in the post-season.  While I was crushed that the Phillies lost, my liking for Lincecum grew.  The announcers for FOX made a big deal about Lincecum and showed him or talked about him in probably every inning, even in the games he wasn't starting.  Greg and I adopted the mantra of WWTLD?  Every thing we talked about we finished up with, "What would Tim Lincecum do?"  It lasted all through the off-season.  When Greg started collecting baseball cards, I decided while we collect Phillies cards, I was going to collect Lincecum cards.  We both decided we liked Brian Wilson of the Giants, because he makes us laugh.  It's hard to be a Lincecum fan in Philadelphia.  It's not accepted in this area to like someone not on your home team.  I love the Phillies.  I will always be a Phillies fan.  I can be a Lincecum fan and root for him when he's not facing the Phillies.  The Phillies will always come first.  That being said, he is slated to start in tomorrow's game in San Fransisco against the Phillies.  Roy Oswalt is taking the ball for the Phillies and I'm looking forward to seeing the matchup.  I want Lincecum to take the loss though.  I would love to see the Phillies close this series out with a sweep.  I will be able to watch the Franchise next week happily, seeing the losses to the Phillies on it.  There was a big benches clearing brawl in the second game of the series and that will have to be a post all on it's own.  More on that later.

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment